Information Governance and Cybersecurity: Part of the Same Whole
This week we are pleased to be working with IGI Supporter Guidance Software to bring you a year-end webinar on a topic that has consumed so many IG and cybersecurity professionals in 2016, i.e., how IG provides a framework and approach to information risk that is essential to cybersecurity.
Only a few years ago, a perimeter-based data breach was headline news. Today, the same type of breach is expected by most major corporations and government agencies. It’s clear that advanced perimeter security tools are not enough.
Many organizations are now augmenting their perimeter tools with data-centric security solutions. We see Chief Privacy Officers working closer than ever with CIGOs and CISOs to safeguard personally identifiable information, non-public information, and sensitive corporate data. But has this truly minimized the risks? What are some of the new approaches to a data-centric security model?
Join us to discuss:
- The role of automation and technology within InfoGov and InfoSec
- The importance of knowing where your sensitive data is located
- How quantified information governance can provide new perspectives on risk
- Emerging requirements for a proactive and reactive approach to data security
- Barclay Blair, Founder and Executive Director, Information Governance Initiative
- Paul Shomo, Sr. Technical Manager, Guidance Software
For a great background on these issues, check out Paul's most recent article in Dark Reading, "Why Marrying Infosec & Info Governance Boosts Security Capabilities."